The Town of Lake Cowichan’s elected officials haven’t had much luck putting together a council meeting, this month.
Their Regular Council Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, August 23, had to be cancelled after they were unable to make quorum.
To make up for the meeting, a special meeting of council has been scheduled for Wednesday, August 31, beginning at 7 p.m.
The intent is to deal with items that were listed for the previous week’s cancelled meeting.
Items from the cancelled meeting include:
• A review of various committee minutes from different organizations.
• Appollos Hockey Club request for a beer gardens, on September 3.
• The town’s proposed Union of BC Municipalities resolutions.
• The expansion of the fire protection service area.
• A proposed council remuneration increase.
• The appointment of election officers for the November election.
• Town of Lake Cowichan five-year plan bylaw adoption.
• Revitalization Tax Exemption bylaw adoption.