After getting rained out the previous week, 26 happy senior golfers played their first official game of the season at March Meadows Golf Course. The weather was warm and dry but for the most part the club swinging was a bit rusty. However, there were a few brilliant shots and a few “firsts” for the season.
First par, first lost ball, first ball in the river:
– John McCormick was low gross with 90, while Jim Peterson and Earl Laforge shot 93.
– Roy Lavigne was low net with 73 and Frank Magrin was runner-up with 74.
– Roy Lavigne was k.p. on the first hole and Rick Nott was k.p. on the seventh.
– Lance Lingren had 2 birdies, Jim Peterson and Rick McDonald also had birdies.
– Rick Nott had a sandy par and Roy Lavigne had a chip-in par.
– “The Barrel Shot” was not won.
Most players stayed for an excellent lunch. We hope to see more players joining us soon. Remember, as Duffer O’Doul says “It’s easier to get up at 7 a.m. to play golf than it is to get up at 10 a.m. to mow lawns.”