1. How long have you been coaching?
2. What’s your favorite aspect of coaching?
Working with the kids and watching them learn and enjoy the game.
3. Where do you gain your hockey insight from?
From playing most of my life, watching and reading about hockey and coaching.
4. Who’s your favourite hockey player and why?
I have never had just one favourite player.
5. Who’s your favourite team and why?
The Philadephia Flyers and Vancouver Canucks.
6. How is the bantam Lakers team looking this season?
They are looking very promising — as of December we were second in our league and should find out soon where we currently stand
7. What is the biggest challenge of coaching this bantam group?
Keeping the team as a whole focused and moving in the right direction.
8. What has been your best memory been so far this season?
Telling the team that we’re going to be in a spring break tournament in Richmond -— they are pretty pumped.
9. What are you and the Lakers looking to accomplish in 2012?
Team unity and discipline.
10. What do you do to fire your kids up before games? Any quirky pre-game rituals?
It sounds boring, but positive reinforcement.
11. If you could pick a particular position to coach, what would it be and why?
Defence — that’s where it all begins.
12. What’s your favourite part about the Cowichan Lake Sports Arena’s recent upgrades and renovations?
The reaction from out-of-towners.