There are many issues and ideas to be discussed during an upcoming public meeting at the Lower Youbou Hall, Sunday, February 27, the area’s director Klaus Kuhn said.
“I’d like to have an open forum where people come and bring us their troubles, or… whatever,” Kuhn said. “Let me know, and I’ll look into it.”
This invitation is open to all residents of CVRD Electoral Area I, which includes the Youbou/Meade Creek areas.
“I encourage anyone to come out,” Kuhn said.
Some areas to be discussed include, but will not be limited to:
• Youbou Lands. The head of the Youbou Land Development Group Thomas Kreilein will be present to provide an update, and to answer questions.
• The Me and You Nites Social Association needs volunteers!
“It’s not doing that well, which is why I want to bring it up,” Kuhn said.
• Watershed issues in general will be discussed.
This includes the CVRD zoning bylaw-ignoring lakefront developments, west of Youbou.
• Public Transit. With improvements coming up in the near future, just what will they entail, and what else would the community like to see happen?
• The Cowichan Lake Economic Advisory Network.
“We’ve been getting together to get business into the area,” Kuhn said, of the group. “And it’s not easy.”
In addition to the above-listed items, Kuhn will also encourage an open forum discussion, including a question and answer period.
“I’d like to get the community involved as much as possible,” he said.
The public meeting will begin at 1 p.m., with the Youbou/Meade Creek Parks Commission’s Annual General Meeting. During this meeting, two Parks Commission members will be elected.
The Parks Commission serves to advise the CVRD on matters regarding community parks.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be followed by a second AGM for the Youbou Fire Protection Service Commission.
During this AGM, one Youbou Fire Protection Service Commission member will be appointed by Kuhn for a one-year term.
This second AGM will be followed by the town hall component of the meeting, wherein the discussion points Kuhn listed will be discussed, in conjunction with an open forum setup.