Drunk driving charges brought the case against Sean Darren George Caplin (born 1973) in to the Duncan Law Courts for a trial confirmation hearing, Tuesday, October 11.
The charges stem from an alleged July 5, 2010, incident in Lake Cowichan of caring for or controlling a vehicle or vessel while impaired, having tested over .08 on a breathalyzer.
The case is set to go to trial November 24.
• For an alleged July 5, 2011, breach of undertaking (breaking a court promise), Darryl Albert Nanos (born 1956) had his case brought up at the Duncan Law Courts for a first appearance last week.
The breach of undertaking charge is in result to Nanos’ alleged consumption of alcohol or another intoxicating substance. The condition to not do so is related to arson charges he’s facing for an alleged October 8, 2010, arson in Lake Cowichan.
The fire took place at a four-plex on Lake Cowichan’s Stanley Road.
Other units were occupied at the time, though no one was injured in the blaze.
Nanos is still set for a February 9-10, 2012, trial in relation to the arson charges.
• An alleged April 24, 2010, incident of careless use of a firearm in Lake Cowichan brought Daniel Gary Miles (born 1962) in to the Duncan Law Courts for a trial confirmation hearing, Tuesday, October 11.
Miles is set to face trial at the Duncan Law Courts November 24 of this year.
• A bench warrant has been issued for Anthony Michael Rideout (born 1979).
Rideout had been set to make a plea during a Tuesday, October 11, appearance at the Duncan Law Courts, in relation to an alleged May 7 incident in Lake Cowichan of a theft of $5,000 or under.
• For allegedly driving while prohibited and failure to state name and address as requested by police, Sean Shyloe Rutty (born 1981) made his first appearance at the Duncan Law Courts, Tuesday, October 11. He’s set to make his plea November 8.
The charges stem from an alleged July 26 incident in Lake Cowichan.
• A trial has been set in relation to a Lake Cowichan assault charge in with a weapon, and a charge of uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm.
The charges are against John Salonen (born 1974), and stem from an alleged August 15 incident. The trial has been fixed for June 21, 2012.
• Andrew David Goldhawke (born 1963) is set to go to trial, March 29, 2012, for charges relating to an alleged assault in Lake Cowichan, September 11 of this year.
Much of the information in this article is according to the Ministry of the Attorney General’s website.